Friday 5 December 2014

Carrot Cake Singapore - Must Try!

Sg My Makan is Good… I'm going to introduce you to my favourite carrot cake stall in Singapore. It is located in the Bukit Timah Market & Food Centre at 116 Upper Bukit Timah Road Singapore 588172.

Bukit Timah Market & Food Centre
The parking space is quite plenty but sometimes during peak hour, it can get pretty crowded.

This carrot cake stall is He Zhong Carrot Cake at unit #02-185. When you walked up the stairs to the 2nd level from the carpark, turned right and moved down a couple of rows of stalls. The stall is at the end of the row (2nd last row on the right). Just look for the stall's name and you can find it easy. The stall only sell white carrot cake and if you are looking for black type, sorry…

Carrot Cake Stall
Ask for more chilli as this will spice up the taste. Order a cup of coffee (kopi) from the opposite stall. The kopi is S$0.90 which is cheaper than normal coffeeshop.

Normally, when I went there, there was this male stall-holder cooking the carrot cake. This time, it was a female stall-holder. The taste is the same but I had asked for extra chilli and I didn't get it. Well, probably it had slipped her mind.

Male stall-holder
I took some photos before but now I couldn't find them in my iPhoto library. If I find them or when I buy the carrot cake again, I will take and post them here. Update: I found the photo…

Yummy Carrot Cake
Do drop me a note if you agree with me that the carrot cake from this stall is worth the TRY! You can also tell me where is your favourite white and black carrot cake stalls...

No comments:

Post a Comment