Friday 8 July 2016

Old school biscuit at Biscuit King @ Casuarina Road

I went to Casuarina Road for dinner some times but I didn't notice an old school biscuit shop along the row of shophouses. I think most of the time, it was not opened and so I didn't see it.

One day, the shop was opened and I went in to take a look. "Wow" was my first impression. The biscuits that it has are those that we ate 35 years ago. I don't think we can find them easily in other parts of Singapore, maybe you can still find it in some rural areas of neighbouring countries. It has many varieties of biscuits that we had during our primary school's days.

The shop is called Biscuit King. The website is www.BiscuitKing.com.sg. You can order online if you want but I prefer to shop there.

Biscuit King shop
Biscuit King Shop
Overall view
Overall view
One of the biscuits that I ate during my childhood is below. I always like to separate the icing from the biscuit. It was quite fun eating them. I'm sure the new generation kids have not seen this before, or maybe I'm wrong.
Old school biscuit
Old school biscuit
The shop sells preserved fruits and sour products too. I remembered buying those during our times when we watched movies. In the olden days, we watched movie at a big open carpark and needed to bring the speakers and hanged it at our car's windows. These products are the favourite of pregnant mothers. 

Preserved fruit/sour products
Preserved fruit/sour products
You see the erasers with different flags. We collected them during our school days. There are other toys that we played during the old kampong days. 

Old school erasers and toys
Old school erasers and toys

No comments:

Post a Comment